A clean work environment is vital to the efficiency of the workplace for many reasons. It helps to boost not only the morale of employees but their productivity as well. A clean office area brings a sense of calm and order to your day, allowing you a more efficient workflow. This will also minimize the number of unnecessary distractions you will face. Not only are these areas clean and inviting, but tasks are completed faster and more efficiently because employees can access resources easier, allowing them to complete tasks more effectively.
A clean office also promotes healthier living through a more hygienic environment. The spread of germs and diseases is slowed down in a clean environment. This cleanliness results in fewer sick days for employees. As a result, employee attendance increases—and so does productivity.
Lastly, a clean office shows that the company is organized and that it values not only the well-being of its employees but making an enjoyable working environment. This productivity cycle creates positive employee morale, satisfactory work, and a loyal core. The culture of your work to produce valued and motivated employees will bring out the best in them both as individuals and as a team.
When Should I Clean?
Cleaning should be done daily for the most part. While not all assignments must be done every day, it is good practice to do them as often as possible. It is vital to keep a clean work environment no matter what you have going on in your day. The benefits of keeping your workplace clean outweigh any reason not to. There are certain chores that you should do regularly to minimize the effort for a deep clean. Like anything in life, the more you do it, the easier it becomes—so taking care of these daily chores will make the cleaning process more straightforward in the long run.
How Do You Know What to Clean?
Your office will have multiple areas that need a good cleaning. This can seem like a never-ending list at times, especially to get done on your own. You may not know where to begin or even how to. A detailed list will give you the confidence to take things one step at a time. Knowing what needs to be done while having the flexibility of doing things as they come along will help keep you on track. Here is a checklist of essential office cleaning tasks for each area of the office:
Desk Area or Cubicle Area
- Carpet cleaning done weekly
- Dust off computer screens and clean keyboards and mouses
- Clean any windows or mirrors
- Disinfect surfaces where there is frequent contact
- Dust your desk along with other neighboring surfaces
- Empty recycling bins and trash cans
- Vacuum your carpets daily
Kitchens and Break Rooms
- Disinfect any area that has a lot of contact
- Get rid of any trash or non-use items that were left behind
- Empty the trash can and recycling bin daily
Reception Area and Waiting Area
- Clean and disinfect the welcome desk
- Clean carpets as needed
- Clean the company sign and anything in plain view of guests
- Clean all windows and mirrors
- Disinfect highly used surfaces
- Dust desks and other surfaces
- Empty the trash cans and recycling bin
- Ensure walk-off mats are clean
- Vacuum carpets daily
- Clean and disinfect any areas with high traffic
- Clean and disinfect the counters and sinks
- Clean and disinfect toilets
- Clean mirrors or other surfaces
- Empty the trash cans and any recycling bins
- Replace your toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls as needed
- Sweep and mop your floors daily
Surrounding Office Areas
- Clean any glass doors and windows in the office
- Empty out any trash cans that are outside
- Make sure that any welcome mats are properly cleaned
- Make sure to pressure wash the sidewalks and any driveways or other concrete surfaces once a week
- Sweep the entrances and ensure there is not any debris or clutter that any passersby can see
These are all steps you can take to ensure a clean and healthy work environment for you and your employees. Following these guidelines for a cleaner work environment will be vital to your team’s success.
Hire Professionals to Check Off Tasks on Your Cleaning Checklist
Hiring a professional cleaning company for your cleaning checklist has many advantages. At Miami Top Cleaning, we have the experience and knowledge to get the job done right. We also have special equipment to clean your office space on time efficiently. These machines help us cover all the aspects of your cleaning checklist whether it is dusting the desk or vacuuming up crumbs from the floor—we have you covered. We disinfect as we go so your environment is as clean as possible.
By hiring us for your cleaning practices, you can guarantee that you will have the job done fast and efficiently. Do not worry about erratic work as we give you a consistent clean every time, making your workspace healthier for your employees. When you allow us to take care of all your cleaning needs, you are also allowing yourself and your employees the freedom to focus on work without having to worry about upkeep and maintenance.
Contact us today if you want to inquire about our office cleaning services and how we can help you to maintain a clean and professional-looking office environment. We can take the worry off you so you can focus on productivity while we work on making a better atmosphere for your office team.